A ministry centered in the healing power of Jesus' love
We believe grieving is not a lack of faith but a natural part of living.
By inviting God into the pain, healing occurs.
Walking the Mourners Path – Session Begins in September.
Walking the Mourners Path, an eight-week program for those who have had someone dear to them die, begins this fall. It is designed to teach participants about grief and to help them move into more joyful and purposeful living following loss. The groups are small and confidential; we welcome your participation. If you have any questions, please direct them to Parish Priest Associate Karen Evans at .
Walking the Mourner's Path differs from other programs because it is not opened ended. Research has shown that effective grief programs have a beginning and an end. At the heart of the program are eight weekly workshops. We also recognize the importance of training those individuals who will be guiding the workshops in order that all participants who attend the program find a safe and spirit-filled place to journey in their grief.
The Eight Weekly Workshops
- Begin and end in prayer - we believe this is central to the ministry,
- Intentionally small - allowing participants the opportunity to share,
- Carefully crafted to work on one concept a week to allow the participants to work through their grief without feeling overwhelmed,
- A workbook for each individual provides the framework with prayers, reflections, and exercises,
- Homework assignments enhance the experience.
It is through the experience of sharing with others and being comforted by God's love that healing occurs.