Youth Handbells & Youth Choir
Sunday Rehearsals (Grades 7-12)
- 4:15 – 5:00 p.m. YOUTH HANDBELLS on the 2nd floor Pritchett or Ellis Hall
- 5:00 – 6:00 p.m. YOUTH CHOIR in Ellis Hall and the Attic
- All singers will be masked and distanced (3 feet)
- Adult leaders will be fully vaccinated and masked
- First gathering will be August 29 at 10:15 a.m.
- First regular Sunday rehearsals begin on September 12 at 4:15 and 5:00 p.m.
Our Youth Choir sings challenging, meaningful music in many styles and genres across time and space. We sing in unison, as well as two, three, and four-part harmony. Once a year we travel out of town to perform at another church, spending the weekend building community, singing, and having fun. Members of our choir come from all parts of the Atlanta area, representing 20 schools.
We often combine with other All Saints’ choirs to perform. In recent years, we have presented Schubert’s Mass in G Major and Mozart’s Missa Brevis in F Major with the Adult Choir as well as challenging spirituals, modern Gospel anthems, and traditional classical anthems. Youth Choir alumni are invited to sing with us every Christmas Eve at the 5:00 p.m. service.
- No Sunday rehearsals on: October 3, 10 and 31; November 21, December 26; January 2; February 20; March 6; April 3, 10 and 17
- Last Sunday rehearsal is April 24.
- Senior Sunday is May 1.
If circumstances change because of COVID-19 we will meet via Zoom at the same times.